Written : Mainly OS, Datastructures, C and CO .
Answers : All the answers which iam giving here may not right. These are
just what I wrote there.
1. On Deadlock : Trivial answer, Shared Data
2. CPU Utilization:
given CPU time : 20 %
paging : 97.7%
I/O : 5.33 %
Which of the following is not likely to improve CPU Utilization:
Ans: Installing a faster CPU
3. Bubble sort : Given sequence of numbers what will be order of sequences
after two iterations.
Ans: very trivial, but you should know what bubble sort
4. Bubble sort : how many swap operations has been done in the above
5. What data structures you should use for dictionary searching and it
should be capable of doing spell check also ?
6. Which is the best scheduling algo. (given five of them)
Ans.: Shortest Job First with Pre-emption
7. If a numbering system uses 0 , 1 and Z where Z stands for -1
what is the value of 6.25 :
Z01 = 1*1 + 0*2 + (-1)*4
Ans: You can easily find out by trial and error keep in mind
that other side of dot will proceed as 1/2, 1/4 ...
8. What is the value of 121 base 4 + 84 base 16 ?
Ans : 2130
9. What Aliases stands for ...........?
10.What is the value of
ABCD + AB'C'D' + AB'C'D + AB'C'D' ?
( Expression may not be the exact one but something similar to
the above )
11. & 12. Given a C code. What is the OUtput ?
Ans: Trivial, just we have to go through the code
ONe of the questions is to reverse the given number.
ie. given 3276 the pgm. will output 6723
13. ONe questions on CO, which is slight a lenghty one and I couldnt'
recollect the same.
14. Given Three trees and ONe sequence of alphabets, we are suppose
to find which operation was performed on the tress to get
that result. ie. either preorder, postorder or inorder.
Ans: To that question, all preorder
15. When the fn. is called where the return add. is stored?
16. What is the nece. for compiler to support recursion?
There are five more questions which i could not recollect as of
now and mail you later.
Questions that are asked to me in the wip.info. interview.
1. What are the funs. of transport layer? What is TCP, UDP, their
2. If you undelete a file in unix or dos can you recover it?
If you can how will you do it?
3. Write a pgm. to check whether given string is palindrome or not?
4. Which page replacement algo. is the best one? ie. the one which
will give less page faults, assuming cache memory is not there.
4. Do you know unix internals?
5. What is TSR ? Explain in little detail? HOw it is handled?
6. How to fine the size of the int without using size of operator?
ans. store -1 in that location so by two's complement all ones
will be stored in that location. Keep right shifting it
so zeros will be appened on the left. Once the location
is filled with all zeros, the number of shifts gives you
the size of that operator.
7. About ARP and RARP.
8. HOw parameter passing in C
9. What compiler actually does
1) ONE RECTANGULAR PLATE WITH LENGTH 8INCHES,BREADTH 11 INCHES AND
2 INCHES THICKNESS IS THERE.WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE CIRCULAR ROD
WITH DIAMETER 8 INCHES AND EQUAL TO VOLUME OF RECTANGULAR PLATE?
2) WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF ZEROS AT THE END OF THE PRODUCT OF THE NUMBERS
FROM 1 TO 100
3) in some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will
get bye what is the number of matches to choose the champion to be
4) one fast typist type some matter in 2hr and
another slow typist type the
same matter in 3hr. if both do combinely in how much time they
ans: 1hr 12min
5) in 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares
6) falling height is proportional to square of the time.
one object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much
height the object will fall.
7) gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50 . after the 51st
innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st
8)2 oranges,3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 ornages 2 bananas
1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and
3 apples ANs Rs 15.
9)in 80 coins one coin is counterfiet what is minimum number of
weighings to find out counterfiet coin
10)in a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male
if 60% of supervisors are male. what is the probability
that a randomly choosen employee is a male or female?
11)statement: all green are blue are blue, all blue are white
I) some blue are green II) some white are green
III)some green are not white IV) all white are blue
a) he has given four choices like gre type
12)all teachers are students. some students are girls.
this type of questions are there.
we cant able to reproduce them.:wq
1)33 1/3 of 101 + 296 is
(ans 1200) check
2)0.625= ? (ans 27/40)
3)One ship goes along the stream direction 28 km and in opposite
direction 13 km in 5 hrs for each direction.What is the velocity
(ans 1.5 kmph)
4)Cubic root of 3375=?
5 chairs=9 tables,12 tables = 7 stools likethat- - -
(ans is 80Rs)
7)One clock ringes 7 O'clock in 7 sec.In how many seconds it will
ring 10 O'clock.
(ans 10.5 sec)
8)One watch is showing 30 past 3 .What is the angle between minutes &
(ans 75 degrees)
9)The average of 4 consecutive even numbers is 27. What is the largest
10) 25 stations ,24 stations are inbetween- - - - -
how many tickets should be required.
(ans 25*24=600)PUZZLES TO PUZZLE YOU "S.DEVI"PROB 24
11)One ball was dropped from 8ft height and every time it goes half
of the height. How much distance it will travell before coming to
(ans 24 approximately)
12)Two trains are travelline at equilateral .Train A is travelling
in the direction of earths spin.Other train B is travelling in
opposite direction of earths spin.Which trains wheels will wear
(ans TRAIN B .Because of less centrifugal force.)
OK HARI 3 MORE QUES ARE THERE.I HOPE YOU CAN SOLVE EASILY.
NOW I have only 3 C ques. I am sendins them in immediate
mail. Any whey I will try to send remaining 7 C ques
C QUESTIONS:WHAT IS THE OUT PUT FOR FOLLOWING PROGRAMMS
ans may be 1.(illegal initialization)
printf("%s %s %s ",a,b,c);
(ans is hellow,hellow,hellow
printf("%g %0.2g %0.4g %f",value,value,value,value)
(ans is 10,10,10,10.000000)
printf("i-value in the function=",i-value);
printf("i-value after the function=",i-value);
printf("i-value at the end of main=",i-value);
THIS IS ROUGH IDEA OF THE PROGRAM
1)i-value in the function=25;
2)i-value after the function=50;
3)i-value at the end of the main=100;
THIS IS ROUGH IDEA:
(ANS:Out put is m=0)
REMAINING 5 PROGRAMS SOME WHAT LARGE AND COMPLICATED.ANY WHEY
I WILL SEND REMAINING PROGRAMS BEFORE 20th.
WIPRO_2004 PSG PAPER
1. Delhi is coded as CCIDD;then Bombay is ----------?
2. A,B are 2 watches
At 8am A& B correct time
B-1/2 min lost every hour
What is the time at 8 pm in B's watch?
4. antonym -resistiveness
5. Jumbled words LEZUPK=--------?
6. mercenary :financial
7. +,* interchanged, 8&2 interchanged. What is 8*2+6?
8. Choose the logically right statements.
Mba's are in demand
a) R&S in demand
b)R is in demand
c) S is in demand
d)R&S are mba's
9. ans: kernel mode
10. Analytical reasoning
1) --------- ----------------
2) --------- ---------------
3) ---------- ---------------
4) --------- ----------------
13.a-2yrs older than b
b-5 yrs younger than c
d-4 yrs younger than d
what is a's age?
14. jumbled paragraphs ,logical derivations
what is the output?
16.which is not true?
Ans: binary should have 2 nodes
16. ans : binary search follows divide & conquer
17. main( )
18. find the odd one out
19. routing is done by network layer.
20. sentence completion
he made just a -----------effort.